Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I put this Blu-ray writer on my Wish List and I received it as a gift for 2010 Christmas. I was needing a way to make backup copies of my purchased Blu-ray movies for the kids because they were constantly losing them or getting them scratched up. I connected it to my Dell Studio 1749 laptop, via my USB hub because I have several other external drives connected simultaneously. I also connected the separate AC power adapter that was included with the Blu-ray writer. The next thing I did was download and install a trial version of separate software to enable me to make backup copies of Blu-ray discs (I only used the trial version of the software until I found out it worked for sure, then I was more than happy to purchase the full version of the software ($60) in order to backup all my Blu-ray discs in the future). Next, I used the Blu-ray writer with the separate software I downloaded to create a Blu-ray disc image file (.iso) of a Blu-ray disc I wanted to make a backup copy of. I saved the Blu-ray disc image file (.iso) on one of my external hard drives until I got a blank Blu-ray disc to burn it on. Since I also received the Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Logo Top Spindle - 25 pcs for Christmas, I had to convert the Blu-ray disc image file to fit on a 25GB blank Blu-ray disc, which was one of the options I selected before I created the Blu-ray disc image file. After I got finished creating the Blu-ray disc image file on my external hard drive, all I did was insert one of the Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Logo Top Spindle - 25 pcs in the Buffalo Blu-ray Writer and the rest was history! It worked perfectly, but took several hours to copy/write because it's not near as fast as a DVD writer, but this should be expected due to the huge amount of data that is required for the Blu-ray discs. I'm not complaining about the speed, because the backup I made works great on my Blu-ray player in the living room!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Buffalo Technology MediaStation 6X Portable Blu-Ray Writer BR-PX68U2/BK (Black)
MediaStation 6x Portable Blu-ray Writer offers fast Blu-ray read and write speeds in a small, lightweight and stylish portable package. Powered by USB over several configurations, it offers optimal burning and playback performance of Blu-ray discs, DVDs and CDs on laptops and netbooks. Housed in a sleek, high-gloss case, MediaStation BR-PX68U2/BK is a choice alternative to the expensive offerings of competitive laptop manufacturers. Included with BR-PX68U2/BK is the CyberLink' PowerDVD software suite for Windowswhich offers a rich Blu-ray and DVD burning and playback experience. Additionally, support for DVD upscaling allows for standard definition DVDs to be viewed and re-recorded in new HD quality. Its slim structure fits easily inside a laptop or netbook bag, making MediaStation 6x Portable Blu-ray Writer a perfect companion for any mobile computer.
0 comments:
Post a Comment