Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Okay, I thought this unit was going to be pretty cool; I thought highly of the Philips brand and thought this would be a quality product. I was wrong. I docked two Video iPods (30gig and 60gig) and this deck fried out their logic boards. Kaput. They worked fine before being docked, fried afterwards.
What to do?
First, I took the iPods to my local Apple (reseller) and they confirmed that the logic boards were toast. Any further diagnostics/repair would cost me $45 for each unit, but the tech acknowledged that the repair bill would likely be close to the replacement cost. Then I began my journey into Philip's customer service hell. "Nothing we can do." I was told. Finally, after close to an hour, a supervisor's supervisor told me that I should keep the deck and have it and the iPods examined by a technician together. (I was a little ticked that I was told to keep a defective deck, possibly past the time I'm allowed to return it, with no guarantee that it'll be resolved.) They would evaluate the claim then.
Fast forward to yesterday: an agent at Geek Squad examined the deck and iPods and concluded that the Philips deck caused the logic boards in my iPods to fail. I explained the situation to him and he was nice enough to write a letter to Philips explaining his findings. I was also told that there have been others have been returned to the store. Slam dunk, right?
Wrong. According to Philips, this still isn't good enough. "There is nothing we can do." I told the rep that I knew he had the authority to authorize a repair and he agreed, saying he did but wouldn't.
I would stay away from all Philips products.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Philips DCP850/37 8.5-Inch Portable DVD Player with iPod docking
Philips DCP850 8.5" Portable DVD Player with iPod docking
0 comments:
Post a Comment