Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've owned this product for about 6 months now. This is my third portable DVD player, having two ZEON portable DVD/iPod players. At first, once I hit the setup and saw it was almost exactly the same as the ZEON players, I thought this was just a generic dvd/ipod player various companies are putting their own covers on, and I didn't use it much at first. It is smaller than the Zeon's, and weighs less.
I knew this Philips played DivX movies, which didn't mean much at first, until one day I put in a CD that had an .avi format movie. The screen showed me a directory type menu, where I could select the movie of several that could be on the disk. I selected it, and what-da-know, it started playing.
I tried the same thing on the Zeon and all it would do is say 'invalid disk'.
It has become my favorite DVD player, even at home. It comes with a single audio/video cable w/ standard RCA Yellow Video, Red/White audio plugs, and your video iPod fits neatly into the recessed area that holds the remote (remove the remote to install your iPod). A few functions on the remote actually controls the iPod when installed too, a nice feature!
It has two video outputs, multiple headphone outputs, can play video from a memory card.
The screen pivots up/down, and can rotate around clockwise, and even lay backward flat on the unit too.
This is a very cool unit, I'd buy it again.
In all honesty though, as of now, they're cheaper at a particular, popular discount store than here.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Philips DCP855 - DVD player with iPod dock - portable - display: 8.5"
Portable movies dazzle on the versatile swivel screen of the 8.5-inch Wide DCP855 and DVDs and iPod aren't the only media it can handle. Display digital photos or play Divx movies through the memory card reader and a broad range of video-based media including DVD+-R and DVD+-RW formats, SVCD, VCD and MPEG4. This light-weight station is compact and stylish with car adapters to ensure the player stays powered on your trip. The docking station also charges your iPod while viewing. The built-in, rechargeable battery delivers up to 2.5 hours of playtime and remote control adds simple navigation while traveling. Optimal screen quality is ensured with Zero Bright Dot which limits the number of blank spots in LCD screens.
0 comments:
Post a Comment